What is CAI?
Community Associations Institute (CAI), is an international organization dedicated to building better communities, provides education and resources to community association homeowner leaders, professional managers, association management companies and other businesses and professionals who provide products and services to community associations.
What Does CAI Do?
CAI is the only national organization that:
- Serves as a clearing house and research center on community associations.
- Assists its members in establishing and operating successful association communities through available publications, workshops, and technical assistance.
- Provides a national forum for discussing key issues in the association field.
- Focuses national attention on the needs and concerns of individuals and professionals involved with community associations.
Who Should Belong to CAI?
Membership in the Institute is open to associations and their members, builder/developers, managers, public agencies and officials, professionals who serve community associations and other interested individuals and organizations. CAI does not represent any one professional or interest group. Rather, it represents the process of creating and operating a successful, viable community association.
What is the San Diego Chapter of CAI?
The many members of the San Diego Chapter tackle association concerns and provide assistance at the grass-roots level. CAI San Diego offers you many vehicles for communication.
- Common Assessment, a quarterly magazine keeping you up-to-date on the latest news for San Diego County’s community associations.
- Educational offerings on topics such as budgets and reserves, rules enforcement, legislation, and more.
- Special seminars on maintenance issues, energy conservation and more.
- A training course for board members and managers – The Essentials of Community Association Volunteer Leadership.
- Our Annual Membership Resource Directory.
- Publications on association operations.
By joining CAI, you automatically become a member of the San Diego Chapter as well as CAI-National.
For more information on what you can do to further the goals of CAI, or to find out about volunteer opportunities in the San Diego Chapter, give us a call at (619) 299-1376 or email us today!